Rehabilitation and corrective exercise prescription are a fundamental component of the care at Markel Health Performance. Dr. Markel utilizes the same approach in rehabilitation with all patients as he does with professional athletes. This sports medicine approach to treating injuries of all types can help all patients recover from injuries or surgeries. Everyone at MHP will benefit from a continued expansion in knowledge and application of the latest techniques available. Corrective exercise programs find and address the client’s source of dysfunction or pain in order to more quickly recover from injury and prevent potential future injuries. This individualized program will supplement an athlete’s training program or the average person’s exercise regimen.
The goal of our Rehab and Corrective Exercise Program is to bridge the gap between injury and dysfunction and function and performance. This can be returning to the football field or simply returning to performing everyday activities without pain. We strongly believe in a patient-centered active care approach which emphasizes showing you how to help yourself and how to recover from injury as quickly as possible.
There are several ways to take advantage of our rehabilitation and corrective exercise programs.
- Comprehensive Evaluation at Markel Health Performance by Dr. Markel utilizing functional movement screening, gait analysis and orthopedic examination.
- One on One Rehabilitation Programs designed and conducted at the frequency needed based on the client’s needs. The patient will be working directly with Dr. Markel for training and therapy. Exercises include ELDOA, Myofascial Stretching, and Functional Range Conditioning.
- Corrective Exercise prescription with demonstration and written home program to be performed by the patient. Follow-up evaluation and continued advancement in the patient’s home program.
Many of our patients take advantage of all of the above services combined with manual medicine and/or soft tissue treatment to recover fully from injuries of all kinds including:
- Shoulder/Rotator Cuff Injuries
- Low Back Injuries and Disc Injuries
- Arthritis-related Injuries and Pain
- Knee Injuries (ACL, MCL, Meniscus)
- Muscle Strains and Ligament Sprains
- Plantar Fascitis
- Neck Pain